Juicing! Why you should be doing it?
The Many Reasons Why You Should Be Incorporating Juicing in to your Diet
Now that the holidays are over, many people are refocusing on their diets – specifically on making healthier choices in the New Year. One of the easiest ways to get more fruits and veggies is to introduce juicing into your daily regimen. Not only is it easy and tasty, juicing gives your body much-needed nutrients, vitamins, and enzymes in one Organic Press Juices bottle.
The Benefits of Juicing
It is recommended that adults get between five and nine servings of fruit and vegetables a day, however, most people find this difficult to fit into their daily diet. Juicing presents a wonderful opportunity get a lot of nutrients from various sources into one glass. A lot of people would find nearly impossible to eat a bag of spinach and two cucumbers for breakfast, but you can easily fit that into a juicer (plus more)! The process of juicing vegetables and fruits extracts water and nutrients and discards the indigestible fibers, compared to blending when the whole fruit or vegetable is utilized. Juicing makes nutrients and enzymes immediately available to the body to utilize, and in larger quantities than if you were to eat the fruits or vegetables whole.
Three Reasons Why Juicing Is a Phenomenal Health Habit
There are three main reasons why you will want to consider incorporating vegetable juicing into your optimal health program:
1. Juicing helps you absorb all the nutrients from the vegetables. This is important because most of us have impaired digestion as a result of making less-than-optimal food choices over many years (Processed & Oily foods, Artificial Ingredients, Junk Foods, Alcohol, Nicotine) This limits your body's ability to absorb all the nutrients from the vegetables. Juicing will help to "pre-digest" them for you, so you will receive most of the nutrition, rather than having it go down the toilet.
2. Juicing allows you to consume a healthier amount of vegetables in an efficient manner. Virtually every health authority recommends that we get five to nine servings of vegetables and fruits per day and very few of us actually get that. Juicing is an easy way to virtually guarantee that you will reach your daily target for vegetables.
3. You can add a wider variety of vegetables in your diet. Many people eat the same vegetable salads or side dishes every day. This violates the principle of regular food rotation and increases your chance of developing an allergy to a certain food.
Plus, it limits the number of different phytochemicals in your diet, as each vegetable will offer unique benefits. With juicing, you can juice a wide variety of vegetables that you may not normally enjoy eating whole.
Additionally, juicing can help:
- Aids in weight loss. In one study, adults who drank at least eight ounces of vegetable juice as part of a diet lost four pounds over 12 weeks, while those who followed the same diet but did not drink the juice lost only one pound. The vegetable juice drinkers also significantly increased their intake of vitamin C and potassium, while decreasing their overall carbohydrate intake. Referenced HERE
- Boost your immune system by supercharging it with concentrated phytochemicals. Raw juice also contains biophotonic light energy, which can help revitalize your body.
- Increase your energy. When your body has an abundance of the nutrients it needs, and your pH is optimally balanced, you feel energized. Since it can be utilized by your body immediately, those who juice report feeling the "kick" of energy almost instantly.
- Support your brain health. People who drank juices (fruit and vegetable) more than three times per week, compared to less than once a week, were 76 percent less likely to develop Alzheimer's disease, according to the Kame Project. Referenced HERE
With this all in mind, I hope this gives you a clearer picture of why you should be incorporating Juicing into your daily lifestyle.
Click HERE to check our wide new range of Organic Press Juices.